Obviously I never could get the hang of Thursdays. So you all should make up for my mixed up mind and go play this week's mega-quiz
. It's quizalicious, as always, and full of nine vitamins and iron. Print it out and eat it today; your body will thank you.
As always, no reminder is complete without the requisite fuzzy creature:
Go. Play. Take Quiz.
1. Dennis Quaid enters Martin Short in which 80's sci-fi comedy?
2. Jan, Jace, and Blip were all sidekicks for which cartoon character?
3. Isaac Clarke is the main character in which video game series?
4. ^H or Ctrl-H was the control code to indicate what keyboard function?
5. What Games Workshop board game pits a team of Space Marine Terminators against a Genestealer horde on a derelict spaceship?
6. Fun with lyrics! Name the song and the artist:
We touch I feel a rush
We clutch it isn't much
But it's enough to make me wonder what's in store for us
It's lust, it's torturous
7. A red stapler is mentioned repeatedly in which 1999 film?
8. Fran, Danny, Roy, and Baxter the Clown were all characters from which children's show?
9. Fun with lyrics! Name the song and the artist:
I told you 'bout living in the U.S. of A.
Don't you know that I'm a gangster of love
Let me tell you people that I found a new way
And I'm tired of all this talk about love
10. If you were travelling through the universe, what spacefaring vessel (I'd say real or fictional, but let's assume fictional) would you use? Why?
Ok, yes, it's been a bit of time. Got caught up in life and vacation and stuff. But we're not dead yet! I'm just pining for the fjords.
1. What is the real name of the X-Man known as Cyclops?
2. Who was the author of the "Waverley Novels", which held widespread popularity in Europe in the 1800s?
3. What science-fiction author has used such pseudonyms as "Byron Walley" and "Noam D. Pellume"?
4. During the 1992 Summer Olympics, which player wore #8 on the United States Basketball "Dream Team"?
5. The Terra Nova Expedition culminated with the death of which British explorer?
6. James Doohan and Simon Pegg both have played which fictional character?
7. The Gold Cup is a horse race that takes place in which British town?
8. Franklin D. Roosevelt owned a dog named Fala. What breed of dog was it?
9. One of William Shakespeare's plays is considered cursed, and its name is not spoken. What phrase is often used in its place?
10. What is the Latin translation for "Nouvelle-Écosse"?
11. What is the most beautiful place you have ever visited? What is the least beautiful?
Well bugger me bollocks, I seem to have forgotten to post a quiz this week. Like Ray Charles, I did not see this coming.
So next week we'll just have to have a larger-than-average quiz. Or maybe lots of smallish quizzes. Or something.
Here's a practice quiz, just to give you something to do this weekend:
1. Whoops! You just got turned into a non-human animal. What are you now?
2. Yowzers! You're on trial! What crime are you being accused of? What crime did you actually commit?
3. Zoiks! Now you're being hunted by some kind of monster or mythical beast. What's after you? Why? Does it get you? If so, what does it do to you?
4. THERE! ARE! FOUR! LIGHTS!
5. Maybe there aren't. How many lights are there? Where are you that has all these damn lights? What the hell is going on?
See you soon!
If you're all here, then you survived last week's Friday the Thirteenth and all the unluck associated with it. This is good, in accordance with the prophecy. To fulfill our great destiny, one must play this week's glorious quizfulness
so as to achieve enlightenment and understanding. Or at least humor and chuckling. Because it's all good.
Go. Play. Take Quiz.
1. Cockburn Town is the capital of what archipelago?
2. European politician Mustafa Kemal was eventually given which last name in 1934?
3. What lake in Kenya has also been called Lake Rudolf, the Jade Sea, and Basso Narok?
4. What confection does the White Witch offer to Edmund Pevensie when they first meet?
5. What is the common name for Cathartes aura?
6. You can build your own house! Describe it! What makes it special?
Reminder Thursday has taken a nap in favor of Reminder Friday The Thirteenth. Is that good luck or bad luck? I say make your own luck! Play this week's quiz
today and beat the odds! Do you feel lucky, punk? There's no fate but what you make. Understanding is a three-edged sword. The odds are ever in your favor. Press your luck. No whammies.
Here's a lucky kitten for the day:
Go. Play. Take Lucky Quiz.
1. You just won Johnny Depp in a poker game, and in return he's going to mack on your sister. What movie are you in?
2. What US state capital was previously known as Harrisburg, Pilzburg, and Rockwell?
3. Fun with lyrics! Name the song and the band:
She's the wildest hon in the wild kingdom
She's the wildest thang to float down
Well there's alligators and razorbacks,
But I don't care, I like to go down tubin' with you
4. The founder of Samsung Group also was the first publisher of which Korean newspaper?
5. What actress played the motherly role in both "Lassie" and "Lost in Space"?
6. What are your plans for the summer?
Let's June it up here! All June all the time! No June like the present! So let's make the most of June and play this week's June quiz
! Be all that June can be! June one for the Gipper!
Apologies to anyone named June. Or Joon. Or Jun. Here's an animal picture:
Go. Play. Take June Quiz.
1. What computer game villain was the son of Angus and Katherine Mengsk?
2. Michael Keaton stars as a "bio-exorcist" in which film?
3. A great deal of the technology in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy universe is produced by which corporation?
4. Marvel comics character Lorna Dane is better known by which moniker?
5. Raccoons belong to which genus of mammals?
6. If you could visit any fictional outer-space location, where would you go? What would you want to do there?
All hail the barbecue, that wonderful method of meat making that heralds the onslaught of summer's summery ways. What does this have to do with anything? Not much really. Sure, Americans are getting ready for a nice long holiday weekend, which usually includes barbecues, but what really counts is that there's still a quiz up for playing
, and that will make a good filler for when you're marinading your meat. If you know what I mean. And I think you do.
1. In the original television series "Battlestar Galactica", what famous dancer played the part of Starbuck's father?
2. In the musical "Chicago", which character welcomes the audience to the show?
3. Who wrote the original short story that Alfred Hitchcock used as a basis for "The Birds"?
4. Dr. Andrew Zagarian created which indestructible DC comics supervillain?
5. Fun with lyrics! Name the song and the artist:
La rencontrant chez des amis
Je lui dis : Mademoiselle
Que faites-vous donc dans la vie
Eh bien répondit-elle
6. If you could solve any mystery, great or small, what would it be?