...yeah, ok, so timing hasn't been my strong point lately. But we can do this together, like teamwork, or murder. Wait, not that last one. I meant macrame. Yes.
Did you know that there's a quiz waiting to be played? It's true! And like all true things, you should go and take advantage of them while they're still around. After all, the truth is hard to find nowadays. Like unicorns. So go out there and play the quiz while it's still hot. Unleash your inner funny. Release the hounds. Release the kraken!
Yes, it's been a while. Sometimes work grabs you by the horns and rides you into the sunset. Usually that's not pretty. But we're back with a super-fun-sized quiz for everyone! You've got a month and a half of funny built up; let's put it to good use.
1. Fun with lyrics! Name the song and the artist: Like a song of love that clings to me, How the thought of you does things to me. Never before Has someone been more...
2. Malcolm X and Captain Kirk take an hour and a half to stop a train. What movie is this?
3. The International Committee on Intellectual Cooperation evolved in 1946 into which organization?
4. What television show was originally billed as Ian Fleming's Solo?
5. Mark William Calaway is better known by which stage name?
6. Agent Neville Flynn teaches Detective John Hartigan to be a superhero. What movie is this?
7. According to the song, where was the Minnow shipwrecked?
8. What was the best-selling novel of the 19th century?
9. What superhero's alter ego was the humble Shoeshine Boy?
10. What was the most unexpected thing that's happened to you lately?
Obviously I never could get the hang of Thursdays. So you all should make up for my mixed up mind and go play this week's mega-quiz. It's quizalicious, as always, and full of nine vitamins and iron. Print it out and eat it today; your body will thank you.
As always, no reminder is complete without the requisite fuzzy creature:
1. Dennis Quaid enters Martin Short in which 80's sci-fi comedy?
2. Jan, Jace, and Blip were all sidekicks for which cartoon character?
3. Isaac Clarke is the main character in which video game series?
4. ^H or Ctrl-H was the control code to indicate what keyboard function?
5. What Games Workshop board game pits a team of Space Marine Terminators against a Genestealer horde on a derelict spaceship?
6. Fun with lyrics! Name the song and the artist: We touch I feel a rush We clutch it isn't much But it's enough to make me wonder what's in store for us It's lust, it's torturous
7. A red stapler is mentioned repeatedly in which 1999 film?
8. Fran, Danny, Roy, and Baxter the Clown were all characters from which children's show?
9. Fun with lyrics! Name the song and the artist: I told you 'bout living in the U.S. of A. Don't you know that I'm a gangster of love Let me tell you people that I found a new way And I'm tired of all this talk about love
10. If you were travelling through the universe, what spacefaring vessel (I'd say real or fictional, but let's assume fictional) would you use? Why?
Well, since I didn't post a reminder for last week's quiz, we'll use this space as a reminder to go play this week's quizly goodness. And, as a bonus, we can have the answers to the "fake quiz" I posted back in June. Sorry about all this delay; I went on vacation and then took some time to catch up. It's been a busy summer.
(Yes, that's a much much MUCH younger me. Yes, I'm on the left. Shut up.)